Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"We Are Family"


A month ago my mother (pictured on right) and aunt came to visit from Nebraska. It was a great chance for us to catch up and for me to play "tourist" in my own town. After a week of sight-seeing and showing them what my life in Vegas is like my mom took my aunt and I to the top of the Stratosphere (tallest observation tower in the U.S.) for an early surprise birthday and ordination party. As we observed the city below from the 106th floor revolving restaurant I was touched by her thoughtfulness, presenting me with cards and notes she'd collected from relatives in 3 different countries, along with my late father's "Las Vegas" coffee mug (which I hadn't seen for years). Wow! In the end, it helped me better appreciate these 2 wonderful ladies and my new home town even more. Who wants to visit next?!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!! Fast typer! I can't believe you posted all those in just 11 minutes. Lightning. That was very nice about your mother, especially the coffee mug part. I never knew anything about your dad.

    Hope all is still going great! Congrats on the ordination, Pastor K Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a slow typer...but a fast cut and paster.

    ReplyDelete