Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ordination


After 4 years of seminary and 6+ months that featured 5 exams (each coming in 3 different forms), 3 submitted papers, 2 trips to L.A. and a sermon to boot, I finished the ordination process this past weekend here in Las Vegas. On September 25th we hosted a college of pastors from the Las Vegas and Las Angeles areas (the Pacific presbytery). They are the ones who oversaw my ordination process. Above you can see Rick Schaeffer (another pastor in our presbytery) reading from the Scriptures my charge as a pastor. What followed was my being surrounded by a group of pastors from L.A. and Las Vegas as they laid hands on me and prayed over me as I was ordained as a minister of the gospel, serving with City-Wide Redeemer. At the end I was delighted to have this group of pastors committed to me (and I to them) as a "band of brothers," with one heart to minister to the people God has placed in our midst. A few hours later I got to celebrate the wedding of a couple from our church at a beautiful estate on the outskirts of town. No I wasn't DJing or even officiating (though I can do that now) - just a guest. It was a relaxing end to a big day and I'm glad I was able to share it with my new friends.

3 comments:

  1. Alright Kiz! So excited for you man. It seems like Vegas is a great fit for you. It's encouraging to hear God using your gifts. I think Vegas is like a Kiz wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Keith.

    That first day we met, you radiated purity. Looking forward to what the Lord has for you...

    Bless you,
    Tania

    ReplyDelete