Monday, July 26, 2010

On the Move...

I made an offer on a house in the heart of the neighborhood our Missional Community meets in (about 1/3 of it's market value 3 years ago) ... and the seller accepted it! Now I must wait for the bank to approve the short sale (may take a few months). While my swamp cooler in my temporary home struggles to keep up with temperatures over 110, I've been able to beat the heat the old fashioned way ... by heading to cooler climates!

At the end of June I was flown out to Colorado to DJ for the daughter of a family I lived with after graduating seminary. After celebrating "Canada Day" in Vegas with with a wedding group from Newfoundland (who somehow thought that being a Vegas DJ meant I knew where they could get drugs at that hotel), I flew to Canada over 4th of July to visit some family I hadn't seen for 9 years. Great time of reconnecting in the beautiful foothills of the Canadian Rockies (the picture above is from their ranch). The next Sunday I preached in response to 3 questions given for our "I Have a Question" sermon series, all revolving around the origin of the Bible and how we understand it as a church. The next week I was off to fill the pulpit for another church in the area. It's encouraging to see what God is doing in other churches throughout this city. Final count: 4 churches in 4 weeks, 7 planes, 3 cancelled / rerouted flights, 2 malfunctioning video projectors, and 1 home sweaty (err... sweet) home.

No comments:

Post a Comment