Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Learning patience

I like to get things done now and see results yesterday. Church planting usually doesn’t offer those luxuries or timetables. One guy I’ve been pursuing for 2 years (meaning we have a great talk, then I send him a follow up message and have to wait a few months before hearing back) sent me a random message last night. He told me his wife had just left him for another man and he didn’t know what to do – but wanted me to pray for him. After obliging I took the opportunity to direct him to how Jesus weeps with us over the losses and injustices in our lives, then offered to meet up with him if he’d like. For some people it takes years before God opens a door, and sometimes it takes seeing the sin of others to help us grasp our own sin and need for forgiveness. Please pray that I take the long view and not panic over efforts that may take months or years to see fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment